Welcome to Student Checking* 101! Forget research papers and exams, we are going to make this simple! If you are a student, ages 17 to 24, we’ve got an account that will be an A+ in your book. Start building smart spending habits with an account designed just for you.
- ID Protect All® Package1
- $1,000 Personal Identity Protection
- Payment Card Protection
- Restoration & Recovery Services
- Surcharge-free access to cash at over 55,000 Allpoint® ATMs worldwide
- Roadside Assistance
- Debit Card
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Free Mobile Banking
- Popmoney® available (fees may apply for non-standard transfers such as same or next-day requests)
- Free eMail Alerts
- $50 minimum deposit to open account
- No monthly service charge or minimum daily balance requirement
- Free Overdraft Transfer coverage from a Lakeland Bank Statement Savings Account2
What people are saying
Lakeland Bank employees are truly concerned with customer needs and are able to quickly resolve issues and diffuse stressful situations. I appreciate the courteousness and trust their knowledgeable advice.
*Proof of enrollment in high school, college or university required. Students under 18 years of age must have a joint owner on their account who is at least 18 years of age. Upon 25th birthday, notification will be sent advising the account will be converted to a Classic Checking account. Account requires enrollment for receiving your monthly statement electronically (eStatement) within 60 days of account opening, and continued receipt of eStatements for the life of the account. Accounts not meeting eStatement requirements will be converted to a Classic Checking account.
1Insurance products and protection benefits are offered through and provided by third parties.
2Overdraft Transfer coverage is an additional service and must be requested and authorized by you at your branch office. You must also have a savings account in your name at Lakeland Bank to be eligible. Once activated, automatic transfers will be made from available funds in the linked savings account to cover overdrawn balances. The fee for Overdraft Transfer is waived for Student Checking accounts.