Wouldn’t it be great if you could easily split the bill at dinner, pay your babysitter, or transfer money to a friend without having to reach for cash or write a check? It’s now possible with Lakeland Bank’s new online banking product.
The service is called Popmoney® and it’s a feature of Lakeland Bank’s Consumer Online Bill Pay system. Popmoney is an electronic payment service that allows users to send or receive money to or from any individual using an email address or a mobile phone number. The money is transferred from your bank account and deposited directly into theirs, or you can request that they transfer money directly to you.
Popmoney eliminates the hassles of checks and cash! It allows you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don't need a separate account…you can just use your current Lakeland Bank checking or savings account.
It's easy and more secure than mailing a check! Popmoney was created with your financial security in mind. It was built on the industry's leading online money movement platform and utilizes superior risk management and fraud protection services. This online money movement platform is used by thousands of financial institutions, including many of the nation's top banks.
How It Works
First, enroll in Lakeland Bank’s Online Banking! Then watch our step-by-step Popmoney demo located on our website. Here you will learn how to set up your Popmoney account, import a list of contacts, set up recurring payments, monitor activity and set your preferences.
From there it’s simple to send money…here are the basic steps:
- Log into Lakeland Bank’s Online Banking and click the Popmoney tab.
- Select the checking or savings account the money will be sent from, who you are sending the money to--the recipient's name, email or mobile number; the dollar amount and the date.
- Popmoney sends a message to the recipient with instructions to claim the funds. If the recipient's bank is in the Popmoney network, they complete the transaction from their own online banking site. If not, they go to Popmoney.com to move the funds to their bank account.
- The recipient has 10 days from the date of the payment notification to accept the funds. After 10 days, the payment expires and the funds are returned to you.
*Additional fees may apply
And, if someone sends you money…
it’s quick and easy to direct the money to your account:
- You will be notified via email or text message that someone has sent you money along with instructions on how to claim the funds.
- Log into Lakeland Bank’s Online Banking, and select the account where you want the money to be deposited. If you have not registered your checking or savings account with Popmoney.com, do this by selecting Lakeland Bank from the Popmoney network.
*Additional fees may apply
When to Use…
- Have roommates and need to pay the landlord? They can send you their portion of the rent via Popmoney!
- Instead of mailing a check to your nephew for his birthday…send an eGreeting with the monetary gift directly to his mobile phone.
- Popmoney is the ideal way to send money to your college student – it’s fast and secure!
- Owe your friend money from the concert you enjoyed last night? Use your mobile phone to pay her back.
For more information on Popmoney, watch the tutorial or call Online Bill Pay support at 855-727-2974 or Lakeland Bank Customer Service at 866-224-1379.