If your check could take a selfie, it would deposit itself! Take a photo of a check with our mobile banking app, click submit and poof: it’s deposited directly into your checking or savings account!
How it Works
- Log into mobile banking and select ‘Deposit’, then select ‘Deposit a check’.
- Select the account you want to deposit the check into.
- Enter the amount of your check.
- Properly endorse the back of your check and include “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Using the app, snap pictures of the front and back of your check. Ensure the entire check is visible, in focus, well-lit and on a contrasting background.
- Select ‘Make Deposit’ to submit the check for deposit.
That’s it! Review your deposit status through your mobile device at anytime.
Get the Mobile App
ELIGIBLE CHECK TYPES
You can deposit checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S bank, including personal, business and government checks. Checks must be payable to and endorsed by the account holder.
INELIGIBLE CHECK TYPES
International checks, U.S. savings bonds, U.S. postal money orders, remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created), convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit) and cash are not eligible for mobile deposit.
To capture a good quality check image:
- Place the check flat against a contrasting background
- Hold your mobile device steady and directly over the item (not at an angle)
- Position the check within the viewing window with all four corners visible
Total deposits cannot exceed $10,000 on each business day.
To check the status of your mobile deposit simply select “Deposit” then “View mobile deposit history” to obtain a real-time status of your accepted, pending and failed deposits over the last 30 days. Additionally, you can review your account history within online banking to verify your deposit after it has posted to your account.
Mobile Deposits can fail for several reasons, including:
- Poor image quality
- Amount mismatch (check amount does not match deposit amount)
- Missing endorsement
- Duplicate item
- Exceeds check or daily deposit limit
Mobile Deposits can be made at any time. Deposits made on weekends, holidays or after 6:00 pm ET will be processed on the following business day.
After depositing your check using mobile deposit, indicate the date it was deposited on the check and securely store the check for 15 days after your deposit. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason. After you’ve confirmed the deposit has successfully posted to your account, shred and destroy the original paper check.