Lakeland Bank Recognizes National Homeownership Month
June 13, 2017
Oak Ridge, N.J., June 13, 2017 — Lakeland Bank along with the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) is reminding current and prospective homeowners of community bank resources that make financing easier and more affordable in recognition of National Homeownership Month.
“For most people, buying a home is an investment in their future—an opportunity to establish roots, start a family, and build financial security,” said ICBA Chairman Scott Heitkamp. “Your local community banker, as a trusted financial advisor, can help you navigate the home buying process and select the financing option that works best for you and your financial future.”
ICBA reminds consumers that community banks can be a great resource to guide you on the path to home ownership. Lakeland Bank offers these recommendations to help you determine:
- How much you can borrow and which loan products suit your financial needs and budget considerations. Your community banker will review the mortgage process along with available mortgage programs and other loan features, including how long it will take to complete the process, so there aren’t any surprises.
- How current mortgage rates, the loan amount, property taxes and insurance premiums translate into monthly mortgage payments. This will help you shop for a home that fits your budget and increase your prospects for success as an informed buyer.
- Your rights and obligations under your mortgage contract. Today’s consumers have more avenues than ever to homeownership. Your community banker can help you read through and understand the fine print before signing on the dotted line.
- Suitable government-sponsored programs. In addition to federal homeownership and home-buying assistance programs, there are programs sponsored by your state, local government or other organizations that community banks can recommend to make homeownership more affordable.
- Additional resources to help you create a budget and set financial targets. Lakeland Bank offers homebuyer seminars and other helpful information in their Simply Speaking Blogs http://bit.ly/2skXrPI. Free online educational tools can also be found at hud.gov.
The Independent Community Bankers of America®, the nation’s voice for more than 5,800 community banks of all sizes and charter types, is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education and high-quality products and services. For more information, visit www.icba.org.
About Lakeland Bank
Lakeland Bank is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Lakeland Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:LBAI), which has $5.2 billion in total assets. The Bank operates 53 branch offices throughout Bergen, Essex, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, and Union counties in New Jersey including one branch in Highland Mills, New York; six New Jersey regional commercial lending centers in Bernardsville, Jackson, Montville, Newton, Teaneck and Waldwick; and one in New York to serve the Hudson Valley region. Lakeland also has a commercial loan production office serving Middlesex and Monmouth counties in New Jersey. Lakeland Bank offers an extensive suite of financial products and services for businesses and consumers. Visit LakelandBank.com for more information.