Oak Ridge, N.J., July 14, 2016 – Lakeland Bank is sponsoring and participating in several events, fundraisers and celebrations taking place throughout New Jersey this summer. As a community focused financial institution, Lakeland Bank and its employees commit their support and resources to organizations and events that bring people in the community together and help improve the quality of life in these neighborhoods.
“Our colleagues not only work in the communities Lakeland Bank serves, but they also live in them as well,” said Thomas J. Shara, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lakeland Bank. “Lakeland believes in giving back to our communities and encourages our staff to seek new and creative ways to be involved. The events we’re participating in this summer offer wonderful opportunities for the Lakeland Bank team to connect and collaborate with local residents, businesses and organizations.”
- Lakeland Bank’s 35th Annual Sussex County Golf Classic – Since its inception in 1982, this event has raised over $900,000 for nonprofit organizations serving Sussex County and the surrounding communities. Held at the Newton Country Club on June 21, this year’s Golf Classic was sold out!
- Spectrum for Living Annual Golf & Tennis Classic – Hosted on June 6 at Haworth Country Club in Haworth, New Jersey, proceeds from this annual event will be used to benefit Spectrum for Living’s commitment to service for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Chilton Medical Center Foundation’s Golf Classic – The Foundation’s 32nd Annual Golf Classic was held on June 20 at Preakness Hills Country Club in Wayne, NJ. This event raised funds to enhance the quality of healthcare available to those served by Chilton Medical Center.
- Department for Persons with Disabilities 42nd Annual Wiegand Farm Golf Classic – Held on June 27 at Bowling Green Golf Club and Berkshire Valley Golf Course, the Golf Classic supports people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Boys and Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic’s 7th Annual Gala of Dreams - The Boys & Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic held its seventh annual Gala of Dreams at The Tides Estate in North Haledon on June 3. This fundraising event honors individuals and organizations that impact the Boys and Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic and celebrates the successes of its club members. Lakeland Bank was proud to be a Power Hour sponsor to support Academic Enrichment and Homework Help.
- NORWESCAP 50th Anniversary Celebration – On September 17, NORWESCAP will celebrate 50 years of meeting their mission to improve the lives of low income individuals and families in need in Northwest New Jersey primarily by offering, referring or collaborating with others to provide programs and education which help foster self-sufficiency. Lakeland Bank has been a long-time supporter of NORWESCAP and is proud to be a Benefactor Sponsor for this special milestone event.
Housing and Development
- Morris Habitat for Humanity’s Hammers for Heroes – Hosted on June 6 at the Morris Habitat ReStore, a group of Lakeland colleagues worked at this event which benefited Nathalie Figueroa of Dover and Edward Sartorius of Randolph and their families, who will occupy two Morris Habitat homes on Harding Avenue in Dover. Both are active in the United States Army Reserve.
- Paterson Habitat for Humanity’s Corporate Challenge – On June 21, nine employees of Lakeland Bank volunteered their time to participate in this annual fundraising event. The Lakeland Bank team worked at a build site in Paterson.
- New Jersey Bankers Association Build Initiative – Lakeland Bank’s Middlesex/Monmouth Commercial Lending Team and five Harmony Bank employees will join the New Jersey Bankers Association and Coastal Habitat for Humanity on July 14 to help restore homes in Ocean County that were damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
Celebrations and Fairs
- Montville 4th of July Celebration – Lakeland Bank was the Official Sponsor of the 2016 Montville, New Jersey 4th of July Celebration that took place from June 30 through July 2.
- West Milford 4th of July Celebration – West Milford renewed the Township’s Independence Day Celebration and Lakeland was proud to be a Platinum Sponsor! The Celebration was held on Saturday, July 2.
- New Jersey State Fair – Lakeland Bank will be the exclusive Mobile App sponsor of the New Jersey State Fair taking place at the Sussex County Fairgrounds from August 5 to August 14. Be sure to download the Free App!
- Boonton Farmers’ Market – For more than five seasons, Lakeland Bank has been sponsoring the Boonton Farmers’ Market. Located in the Upper Plane Street parking lot in Boonton, the 2016 Market is open every Saturday now until November 19 from 8:30am to 1:00pm.
- Sparta Farmers’ Market – Lakeland Bank is proud to be a sponsor of northern New Jersey’s largest farmers’ market. Located at the Sparta Health & Wellness Center at 89 Sparta Ave, the Market is open every Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm through October 29 and features over 25 local farmers and artisans, live music and cooking demonstrations.
# # #